VTA is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual to manage and direct the units responsible for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services for VTA. This functional position serves in the capacity of VTA’s Chief Procurement Officer.
This position is responsible for direction and oversight of all procurement, contract administration, and materials management functions. The position provides managerial oversight of three VTA units: Professional Services Contracts; Construction Contracts; and Procurement & Materials Management. The incumbent acts as a resource to VTA managers regarding procurement of commodities, contracts for construction and/or professional services, and inventory distribution and management.
Created in 1972, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) is an independent special district that provides sustainable, accessible, community-focused transportation options that are innovative, environmentally responsible, and promote the vitality of the Silicon Valley region. Under the guidance of a Board of Directors composed of county and city representatives, VTA provides bus, light rail, and paratransit services. VTA also participates as a funding partner in regional rail service, including Caltrain, Capital Corridor, and the Altamont Corridor Express. As Santa Clara County’s congestion management agency, VTA is responsible for countywide transportation planning and funding, including design and construction of specific highway, pedestrian, and bicycle improvement projects, as well as promotion of transit oriented development and air quality improvement. VTA provides these services throughout the county, including the municipalities of Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, and Sunnyvale. VTA continually builds partnerships to deliver transportation solutions that meet the evolving mobility needs of Santa Clara County.
- Extensive and progressively responsible public sector work experience in purchasing. Contract administration and materials management with signification supervisory and management level experience.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a four (4) year degree in Business Administration/ Management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The salary range is $136,280 – $179,889 annually.
VTA offers a generous and competitive benefits package including:
- Medical: VTA contracts with CalPERS for medical benefits. They offer seven HMO plans and three PPO plans. VTA pays up to the Kaiser HMO Bay Area family rate.
- Dental and Vision: VTA pays the premiums for employee plus family coverage.
- Life and AD&D Insurances: $50,000 for term life; VTA pays the full premium.
- Disability Insurances: VTA provides state disability insurance in accordance with the guidelines established by the State of California.
- Scheduled Time Off: 31 days of STO annually to be used for vacation, personal time off, or other approved time away from work; cash-out program; and 8 days of sick leave annually.
- Holidays: 11 holidays
- Retirement: VTA’s pension plan is administered by the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). As defined by the California Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act (PEPRA):
- Classic Members’ benefit formula is 2% @55.
- New Members’ benefit formula is 2% @62.
- There is a 7% employee contribution.
- Social Security: VTA participates in Social Security.
- Transit Passes: Free transportation on VTA for employees, retirees, spouses, and dependents.
Important Application Information
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit the Koff & Associates website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application and supplementary questions. You may also view the job posting and brochure. Please submit a cover letter, resume, application and supplementary questions by email to email@example.com. You can also mail the completed application materials to:
Koff & Associates
2835 Seventh Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
The deadline to apply is May 25, 2016.
Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.