Under general direction of the Deputy Director of Programming and Projects, supports the development and facilitates and oversees the delivery of Commission-programmed (local, state and federally funded) transportation projects through the design and construction phases; performs professional and technical duties for transportation engineering and planning programs; plans, analyzes, organizes, and coordinates engineering work, including long- and short-term project planning, programming and compliance, design construction and related areas; coordinates assigned projects and activities with other Commission staff, member jurisdictions, regional transportation agencies, and/or state agencies; provides complex staff assistance to Deputy Director of Programming and Projects; and performs related work as required.
Experience and Qualifications
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil, traffic, and/or transportation engineering or a related field.
One (1) year experience in civil, traffic, and/or transportation engineering and related activities.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by date of hire.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range is $73,358 to $95,366, depending on qualifications and experience.
The Alameda County Transportation Commission offers a generous benefits package:
- Cafeteria Plan which employees can use to choose the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; and
- Life, AD&D, and Long-term and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Retirement Program in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS):
- Classic Member (current member of CalPERS) – 2.5% at age 55 (employee contributes 3%)
- New Member (under new PEPRA laws) – 2% at age 62 (employee contributes 6.25%)
- Vacation Leave: Starts at 10 days per year and increases based on years of service.
- Sick Leave: Accrued at 1 day per month.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays, per year.
- Other benefits, including transit subsidy, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, etc.
Important Application Information
To apply for this opportunity, please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.com. As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials to:
Koff & Associates
2835 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
This recruitment will remain open until filled; however, candidates are encouraged to apply early in the process for optimal consideration. The first review of resumes will take place on March 31, 2016.
Alameda County Transportation Commission is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.