Under general direction of the Deputy Director of Planning and Policy, plans, organizes, and participates in the more complex and difficult work of professional planners related to the development of transportation plans, studies, projects, and programs for the Commission and its member agencies; develops and completes technical assessments and written project analyses; provides professional advice and assistance to the public on transportation planning projects, studies, and programs; provides professional assistance to the Deputy Director of Planning and the public in areas of expertise; performs related work as required.
Experience and Qualifications
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in transportation, urban, or regional planning, transportation planning/traffic engineering, or a related field. A master’s degree is desirable and may be substituted for two years of experience.
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible technical or paraprofessional experience in an appropriate field related to area of assignment.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range is $73,358 to $95,366, depending on qualifications and experience.
The Alameda County Transportation Commission offers a generous benefits package:
- Cafeteria Plan which employees can use to choose the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; and
- Life, AD&D, and Long-term and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Retirement Program in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS):
- Classic Member (current member of CalPERS) – 2.5% at age 55 (employee contributes 3%)
- New Member (under new PEPRA laws) – 2% at age 62 (employee contributes 6.25%)
- Vacation Leave: Starts at 10 days per year and increases based on years of service.
- Sick Leave: Accrued at 1 day per month.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays, per year.
- Other benefits, including transit subsidy, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, etc.
Important Application Information
To apply for this opportunity, please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials to:
Koff & Associates
2835 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
This recruitment will remain open until filled; however, candidates are encouraged to apply early in the process for optimal consideration. The first review of resumes will take place on March 31, 2016.
Alameda County Transportation Commission is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.