Chief Deputy Finance and Administrative Services Brochure
Under administrative direction, plans, organizes, directs, manages, and reviews the centralized administrative activities and operations of the Superior Court of California, Los Angeles including finance, budget, audit, facilities, contract administration, security operations, and other administrative functions. The incumbent oversees the delivery of administrative support services to other departments including management of annual financial plans. The incumbent is actively involved with the internal judicial and executive governance committees as well as a variety of public and private agencies including, but not limited to, the Judicial Council, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, County departments, other trial courts, and the State Bar of California. The incumbent provides highly responsible and complex assistance and administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited four (4)-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, finance, public administration or a closely related field – AND – seven (7) years of related professional experience in finance and budgets at a management level within a court operation or other public entity.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment, or ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related functions.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range is $142,882.68 to $216,264.48 annually, depending on qualifications and experience. Position will be eligible for a 4% increase, effective July 1, 2016.
The Los Angeles Superior Court offers a generous benefits package:
- MegaFlex Plan which employees can use to choose the following:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Additional paid leave
Amount contributed by the employer is 14.5 – 17% of salary, depending on length of service. If contribution exceeds cost of benefits selection, the employee receives the difference as additional taxable pay.
- Retirement Program in the Los Angeles County Employee Retirement Association (LACERA):
- Existing Member (joined LACERA before 1/1/13) – depends on whether Plan D or E (employee contributes based on age at entry and plan)
- New Member (under new PEPRA laws) – 5% at age 52 with 5 years of service (employee contributes 7.62%)
- Leave time (in lieu of Vacation and Sick Leave): 10 days per year though up to 20 days of additional leave may be purchased through MegaFlex.
- Holidays: 13 paid holidays per year.
- Other benefits, including a commuter benefit plan, a 401(k) plan and a deferred compensation plan (457).
- The Court does not participate in Social
Important Application Information
To apply for this opportunity, please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.com. You can also mail the completed application materials to:
Koff & Associates
2835 Seventh Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
The deadline to apply is March 21, 2016.
The Los Angeles Superior Court is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.