Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Information Technology plans, organizes, and directs the activities and operations of the Information Technology Division; creates technical business systems and solutions in support of the operational needs of the Port of Oakland; coordinates assigned information technology activities with other divisions in support of the business needs; and provides highly responsible information technology related advice and guidance to the Chief Financial Officer.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Public Administration, Business Administration or other related field.
Nine years of professional information technology work experience of which three years includes administering and managing a multi-disciplinary information technology staff.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
The Port’s compensation and benefit program ranks among the best in the region for public jurisdictions and is designed to reward performance and promote a balanced lifestyle, both at the workplace and away from the workplace, for our employees and their families. The Port is committed to the health and well-being of its employees and has been recognized as a FIT-Friendly Employer by the American Heart Association:
The Port is part of the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). CalPERS is a defined pension provided to regular full-time employees that work for the Port. The CalPERS defined pension is based on predetermined formula that factors in an employee’s earnings history, tenure of service and age. The retirement formula is 2% at 62 years of age or 2.5% at 55 for new hires with other CalPERS service and/or reciprocity.
- The Port offers retiree medical benefits for employees and dependents after 10 years of CalPERS service (including 5 years at the Port).
- The Port pays 100% of the premium cost for employees and dependent health insurance coverage not to exceed the Kaiser-HMO Family Plan; cash in lieu of medical benefit is also available.
- The Port pays 100% of the premium cost for dental and vision coverage.
- The Port pays 100% of the premium cost for Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage and reimburses employees for State Disability Insurance.
- The Port pays 100% of the premium cost for life insurance at one-time annual salary with certain limits.
- The Port of Oakland does not participate in Social Security.
Time Away from Work
- From 2 to 5 weeks of vacation depending on years of employment at the Port.
- 10 days of management leave for this position.
- 13 holidays including 1 paid Floating Holiday per year.
- 12 days of sick leave per year after three months of employment which includes 4 days of personal leave.
Important Application Information
To apply for this opportunity, please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.com. As an alternative, you can mail the completed application package to:
Koff & Associates
2835 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
The deadline to apply is March 4, 2016.
The Port of Oakland is equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.