The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and leadership skills and be well-versed in modern principles and practices of engineering and possess solid communication skills. As this position interacts with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, exceptional interpersonal skills are of the utmost importance. The successful candidate will have a proven work history of growth, the ability to effectively implement projects, and interact with staff professionally and positively. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals that possess a passion for public service, especially serving an underserved community and who recognize the opportunity to create and establish an effective and efficient administrative infrastructure for long-term success.
Key characteristics and attributes:
- Demonstrate extensive experience with planning, design, and implementation of large and smaller community traffic, transportation, and/or public works projects.
- Able to provide expertise in municipal engineering, particularly related to capital improvement projects and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and experience working collaboratively with governmental agencies.
- Approachable. Seeks open communication, collaboration, and working in a team-oriented environment.
- Flexible. Able to meet clear goals and expectations, while remaining agile with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- A ‘roll up their sleeves’ type of person – understands the importance and value of providing high performance and excellent customer service for a community.
- A ‘can-do’ mentality who thrives on challenge and working with a high performing team.
Please check the Job Brochure for more detailed information!