The Ideal Candidate
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE has demonstrable direct, broad-based experience in wastewater management. Knowledge and oversight of critical areas such as: collections, operations, maintenance, environmental compliance, and wastewater facilities. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to lead 130 full time employees in various capacities. This is a
newly created position, the successful candidate will effectively work with existing superintendents to ensure the success of the division.
THE POSITION RECEIVES direction from higher level management or department head staff and exercises direct and/or indirect supervision over assigned supervisory, technical, operations and maintenance, and administrative support staff.
- Plan, organize, and direct Wastewater Division activities including overseeing the maintenance and operations of City wastewater collection and treatment facilities, and environmental compliance.
- Develop and implement divisional goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Direct, oversee, and participate in the development of the Wastewater Division work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Prepare the Wastewater Division budget; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; administer the approved budget.
- Recommend the appointment of personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the Department.
- Identify and initiate needed capital improvement projects; review capital improvement plans related to the assigned services and provide input regarding future maintenance activities.
- Represent the division and department to outside agencies and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance, as necessary.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports; prepare written correspondence.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Observe and maintain a safe working environment in compliance with established safety programs and procedures.
Please check the Job Brochure and Apply Here links for more detailed information!