The Orange County Superior Court is an award-winning, nationally recognized organization that employs approximately 1,500 people. Our Human Resources Department prides itself on being one of the most innovative public sector departments in California; we are one of the first public agencies to have implemented an all-online application process and the use of online testing. We continually strive for excellence despite these challenging fiscal times and are looking for a dedicated, dynamic and motivated human resources professional that thrives on being part of an amazing team!
The Senior Human Resources Analyst/Principal Human Resources Analyst (known internally as the Staffing, Classification & Compensation Officer) works under the general direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer and is designated as a Confidential Employee. This employee is expected to be a subject matter expert in the areas of staffing, classification and compensation for a public agency operating under merit principles.
Education, Experience, License Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, or a higher-level degree from an accredited four-year college or university is desirable. Successful completion of 24 upper division semester (36 quarter) units in human resources management, public or business administration, psychology, law or a closely related field is required.
- The Senior level requires at least four years of professional experience performing progressively responsible human resource management consulting and analytical work, preferably in a public agency. Experience in two or more functional HR disciplines is highly desirable.
- The Principal level requires at least six years of such experience.
- Possession of a related Master’s degree or a Juris Doctor may substitute for one year of experience.
- Certification as a Human Resources professional is desirable (i.e. IPMA-CP or PHR/SPHR).
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license, or other court-approved method of transportation, may be required for field travel and assignments.
Important Application Information
Final filing date: The final filing date is September 15,2014. To apply, candidates must submit a fully completed and signed application, brief supplemental application and resume to Koff & Associates, Attn: Kathy Crotty, 6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5, Emeryville, CA 94608. Resumes will not be accepted in place of the application. An application can be obtained by contacting Koff & Associates via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may download an application at www.koffassociates.com.