Marin Municipal Water District (MMWD) is looking for an exceptional, team-oriented leader to plan, direct, organize, and manage watershed use and water distribution activities. The Facilities and Watershed Division Manager receives direction from the General Manager and employs sound organizational principles and utilizes management best practices to direct and manage divisional strategies, programs, ordinances, policies, decisions, and other actions adopted by the Board of Directors or identified by the General Manager.
The Facilities and Watershed Division Manager:
- Has overall responsibility for management of land management, water distribution, and operational activities, including watershed lands, reservoirs, water delivery systems, facilities, warehouse, and specialty shops for the maintenance and repair of vehicles, equipment, water meters, and other support functions.
- Initiates and directs the development, administration, and improvement of programs and strategies for protecting MMWD’s watershed lands, water resources, and other natural resources.
- Directs the work and activities of the repair and maintenance of the water system and related facilities including pipeline construction and service installation.
- Represents MMWD to community and environmental organizations, private and public agencies, special committees, professional groups, and the public.
- Consults with and advises the General Manager and other Division Managers and staff on operational, administrative, and technical issues related to the division.
- Directs and evaluates the performance of assigned department managers to ensure compliance with performance plans, budgets, and MMWD strategic goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, engineering, natural resources, park or land management, environmental studies, or a related field of study.
- Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience in water system and/or watershed operations, including five (5) years of management experience.
Please apply online for the Facilities and Watershed Division Manager position at MMWD’s employment opportunities website: https://www.calopps.org/profile_agency.cfm?id=84.
The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m., August 25, 2014.
If you have any questions and/or need assistance, please contact Kathy Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the closing date, applications will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in the brochure. The most qualified candidates will be invited to personal interviews with Koff & Associates. A select group of candidates will be asked to provide references once it is anticipated that they may be recommended as finalists. References will be contacted only following candidate approval. Finalist interviews will be held with MMWD. Candidates will be advised of the status of the recruitment following selection of the Facilities and Watershed Division Manager.