The candidate will manage, organize, and supervise the activities of the Agency’s purchasing and contract administration functions, and purchasing card programs. This position is responsible for managing and administering the activities of Zone 7 Water Agency’s contract and procurement functions including the supervision of staff involved with procuring materials, supplies, equipment, and services through the preparation of specifications for the solicitation of bids. This position reports to the Assistant General Manager – Finance in the Administrative Services Division.
The Ideal Candidate
Following Desired Skillsets:
- Adept at preparing accurate and complete bids, proposals and complete bids, proposal and specifications.
- Extensive experience in developing and administering division goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Proven ability to facilitate discussions between customers/partners and potential vendors to agree on contract terms and evaluates bids or proposals to make contract award decisions.
- Understands and applies Agency, County, and other governmental rules and regulations affecting purchasing functions with regards to the negotiating and purchasing of goods and services.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate staff with focus on guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Effectively presents and receives information and concepts, in both written and oral formats.
- Possession of a CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager), CPPO(Certified Public Purchasing Officer) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) is desired.