The Alameda County Water District is seeking highly-qualified candidates for the position of Manager of Finance. Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Finance plans, organizes, and directs the District’s Finance Department, which includes finance, accounting, rates, budget, customer service, meter reading, and procurement; establishes goals and objectives for the Department and internal District policies and procedures to guide all aspects of the District’s finances and financial program activities; through subordinate managers and supervisors, plans, assigns, monitors and reviews the work products of professional, technical and support staff; serves as District Treasurer providing oversight to cash management, investment and debt management activities; and provides responsible staff assistance and advice and counsel to the Board, General Manager and District managers on financial issues.
The Alameda County Water District is a California enterprise special district that provides a reliable supply of high quality, drinking water at a reasonable price to approximately one-third of a million people in the cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City. The District’s workforce of 230 well-qualified employees manages a diverse portfolio of water supplies and technologically-advanced treatment facilities, including brackish groundwater desalination.
- Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or finance or a related field.
- Eight (8) years of full time responsible accounting or financial management experience which includes experience in public utility budgeting and development of rates and charges, with at least four (4) years of experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Certificate of professional accountancy (CPA) highly desirable.
- Experience with a public utility highly desired.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range is $184,817.27 to $224,650.86 (based on a 40-hour work week), depending on qualifications and experience.
Alameda County Water District (ACWD) offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
Medical: Coverage is provided through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). Management employees contribute 0.75% of salary toward the cost of their medical benefits. This annual contribution will increase by an additional 0.25% in 2017.
- Dental: Coverage is provided through the Delta Dental Plan and the premium for employee and eligible dependents is fully paid by the District.
- Vision: Coverage is provided through Vision Service Plan and the premium for employee and eligible dependents is fully paid by the District.
- Retirement: California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). The applicable CalPERS retirement benefit depends on whether the employee is a “new” member or “classic” member under state law.
- Vacation: Employees accrue 10 days of vacation for the first year, increasing to 25 days after 20 years. Maximum Accrual: 400 hours per year.
- Management Leave: The Manager of Finance is eligible for 11 days of management leave annually (prorated from date of hire).
- Holidays: Employees receive 11 paid holidays per year.
Important Application Information
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Selina.Zapien@acwd.com. As an alternative, you can mail application materials to Selina Zapien, Alameda County Water District, 43885 South Grimmer Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538. Candidates selected to advance in the process will be asked to complete supplemental questions following initial application.
Application materials must be received by Monday, October 17th, 2016.
Alameda County Water District is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and the provisions are subject to change.