CCTA is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant. Under general direction, the incumbent provides administrative and operational support to the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Department, and also provides staff support to the Director of Programs and Director of External Affairs as needed. The position is supervised by the Clerk of the Board.
This position calls for a skilled individual with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently, prioritize tasks, and support multiple work assignments from various CCTA staff members. Work assignments include moderate and complex administrative tasks requiring ability to analyze data, prepare information and help the team make informed decisions. The position will require interaction with elected officials, community groups, other government agencies and the public. Strong organizational, time-management, technical and interpersonal skills are required.
Ideal Candidate will:
- Be ethical, self-motivated, creative, adaptable, organized and comfortable working in a dynamic and team oriented environment;
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomatic demeanor and professionalism in working with members of the general public, elected officials, and colleagues;
- Coordinate on-going assigned activities, events and projects requiring independent thinking, analysis, creativity, and problem solving skills;
- Represent CCTA as a professional, poised and competent staff member at meetings, group settings, community events and public forums;
- Have in-depth knowledge, experience and capabilities working with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have familiarity with a financial management system, an electronic document management system and other systems common in a contemporary office environment;
- Possess a background and knowledge of public meetings, the Brown Act, and the Granicus agenda management system;
- Work well with other staff and maintain effective working relations; and
- Effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing.
- Graduation from high school or GED. College degree preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of office administrative support experience. Two years of experience can be substituted with two years of related college coursework.
- Public agency experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and skills of the successful candidate and within the range of $4,578 to $6,190. CCTA also offers a competitive benefits package, including California Public Employees Retirement System pension, multiple HMO and PPO medical plan alternatives, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, commute incentives and continuing education.
CCTA is a special purpose regional government agency established in 1988 when Contra Costa voters approved a half percent sales tax for specified transportation programs and projects. This primary revenue source is forecasted to generate $2.72 billion through 2034. We are an organization of 20 fulltime employees, led by Randell Iwasaki, the Executive Director.
To apply, candidates must submit a fully completed and signed application, resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 13, 2016. An application can be obtained by clicking the link at the right.