Please click on the link below for a full description of the position:
The Alameda County Water District is a California Special District that provides a reliable supply of high quality, drinking water at a reasonable price to approximately one-third of a million people in the cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City. The District’s workforce of 230 well-qualified employees manages a diverse portfolio of water supplies and technologically-advanced treatment facilities, including brackish groundwater desalination.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources & Risk Manager directs the District’s Human Resources and Risk Management programs; plans, directs and supervises professional, technical and clerical support staff performing a variety of human resources activities; prepares the division’s annual budget request, and controls program expenditures after budget adoption; prepares and presents staff reports to senior management and the Board of Directors; provides confidential advice and counsel to the Board, General Manager, and department and division managers on human resources and risk management issues; provides highly responsible staff assistance to the General Manager.
- Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration or a related field.
- Five (5) years of full time responsible human resource experience, with at least two (2) years of experience in a supervisory capacity
Compensation & Benefits:
The annual salary range is $140,770 to $171,112 (based on a 40 hour work week), depending on qualifications and experience.
Alameda County Water District (ACWD) offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
- Medical: Coverage is provided through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). Management employees contribute 0.50% of salary toward the cost of their medical benefits. This annual contribution will increase by an additional 0.25% in 2016 and 2017.
- Dental: Coverage is provided through the Delta Dental Plan and the premium for employee and eligible dependents is fully paid by the District.
- Vision: Coverage is provided through Vision Service Plan and the premium for employee and eligible dependents is fully paid by the District.
- Retirement: California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). The applicable CalPERS retirement benefit depends on whether the employee is a “new” member or “classic” member under state law.
- Vacation: Employees accrue 10 days of vacation for the first year, increasing to 25 days after 20 years. Maximum Accrual: 400 hours per year.
- Management Leave: The Human Resources & Risk Manager is eligible for 11 days of management leave annually (prorated from date of hire).
- Holidays: Employees receive 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete our application on the right side of this page. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.com. As an alternative, you may mail the completed application materials to:
Koff & Associates, 2835 Seventh Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
The deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m., Monday, August 10, 2015.
Alameda County Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.