Please click on the link below for a full description of the position:
THE DISTRICT AND THE POSITION
The Union Sanitary District (USD) is an award-winning, innovative independent special district formed in 1918 providing wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal services to the residents and businesses of Fremont, Newark, and Union City in southern Alameda County. USD is committed to providing exceptional service to its customers and is a team-based organization.
The Human Resources Manager works directly with the General Manager to strategically manage the District’s Human Resources Program. The program areas include employee/ labor relations; recruitment, testing, and selection; classification and compensation; and employee benefits administration. The HR Manager supervises the Organizational Support Team comprised of six professionals in Human Resources, Occupational Health & Safety, Training, Quality/Organizational Performance, and Administrative Support staff and reports to the Business Services Manager.
- Completion of a four year degree or its equivalent, with major coursework in Human Resources or a related field;
- Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible Human Resources experience in recruitment and selection, employee relations, classification, compensation, training and employee development, organizational development, and benefits administration and at least three (3) years in a supervisory or management position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTATE
- Skill in addressing strategic human resources, management, and organizational issues.
- Strong leadership capabilities to solve problems, build consensus, provide effective feedback, establish a climate of openness and mutual respect, and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based organization focused on continuous improvement; establish and maintain a positive customer service attitude and effective working relationships with customers; and demonstrate strong two-way communication skills.
Please send your cover letter, resume and answers to supplemental questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to
Koff & Associates, 2835 7th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
by 4:00 p.m. on May 15, 2015.