The salary range is $55,000 – $85,000 annually, based on qualifications.
Madera Irrigation District (“MID or District”) is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual to plan, organize, manage, direct, and supervise the personnel operations and administrative functions of the District. The position provides consultation to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Management and Supervisory Staff regarding employment law, employer/employee relations, and the management of the District’s Safety Program.
The Human Resources Administrator / Risk Manager is diversified beyond the traditional Human Resource responsibilities. In addition to areas covered under the breadth and scope of employee recruitment, hiring and orientation, employee relations, compensation, workplace safety, employment law, staff training, and organizational development, this position is also responsible for risk management of the District, the Employee Random Drug Screening Program, Workers’ Compensation Program, District Employer/Employee benefit programs and assists with administrative functions of the department.
- Recruiting, testing and selection of new employees including coordination of recruiting process, advertising, scheduling of interviews, and post offer examinations and drug screenings.
- Conducts new employee orientation, prepares required new hire paperwork and establishes personnel file.
- Process employee terminations including the conducting of exit interviews for departing employees.
- Implements, maintains, and administers District provided 401(k) and 457(b) Deferred Compensation programs.
- Acts as the District’s Safety Officer.
- Implementation, updating and tracking of the District Safety Programs participating on the District Safety Committee to meet compliance of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Implements and maintains the District’s Safety Incentive Program.
- Implements and maintains the District’s Service Award Program.
- Maintains the District’s job classification plan, conducting job description audits, preparing revisions and updating class specifications.
- Assists with personnel negotiations between MID and Madera Irrigation District Employees Association.
- Maintains District Workers Compensation and State Disability Programs.
- Evaluate staff including coach, mentor and discipline of staff.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Establish and monitor procedures for recordkeeping.
- Design and implement policies and procedures and oversee adherence to those policies and procedures.
- Administers the District’s insurance and risk management functions.
- Works with Department Heads in handling property damage claims for insurance purposes.
Desirable Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in subjects related to the management of human resources, organizational development, personnel system development and administration.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in personnel system development and administration including experience with recruitment and selection, position classification, compensation system development, equal employment opportunity, and benefit administration.
Important Application Information
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit the Koff & Associates website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application and to view the job posting and brochure. Please mail or email the application, cover letter, and resume by October 31, 2014 to:
Koff & Associates
Attention: Lori Worden
6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5
Emeryville, CA 94608
Following the closing date, application materials will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this brochure. The most qualified candidates will be invited to personal interviews with Koff & Associates. Madera Irrigation District will make the final decision regarding a candidate’s eligibility, however, applicants meeting the minimum requirements will not be guaranteed advancement in the process. Applicants considered for appointment will be required to undergo a thorough background investigation. Candidates will be advised of the status of the recruitment following selection of the Human Resources Administrator / Risk Manager.