The Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura
Chief Financial Officer
Link To Brochure:
The Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura was founded on September 12, 1949. The mission of the Housing Authority is to provide and develop quality affordable housing for eligible low-income residents of Ventura County and to enhance literacy and education; health and wellness; and job training and employment leading to personal growth and economic self-sufficiency.
To achieve this goal the Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura provides family self-sufficiency programs. This might include connecting someone directly with services or coordinating available resources in the community to meet those needs.
The CFO will operate under direct supervision and general administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), with significant independence and assists the CEO in planning, directing, managing of the financial operations of the Agency. And insures that Board adopted strategies and goals are met. Provides management and supervision of the Finance Department, and for the broader oversight of all day-to day oversight, control and stewardship of the Agency’s fiscal operation.. The agency is growing and expanding into new programming areas. We live in a world where “the new normal” is change. New initiatives, project-based working, technology improvements, staying ahead – these things come together to drive ongoing changes to the way we work. The CFO position is critical to creating value through strategies for organizational stability.
- Provide leadership, strategic support and expert financial planning and analysis to ensure the integrity of the Agency’s financial statements and accurate assessment of the Agency’s financial position, enabling the executive management team to select service options and models that meet its mission, purpose, and objectives while maintaining the Agency’s role as an excellent steward of public funds.
- Provide guidance and work with staff to develop and retain highly competent, service-oriented employees through management practices that support the Agency’s mission, objectives, and service expectations; provide leadership and participate in programs and activities that promote workplace diversity and a positive employee environment.
- Interpret and analyze the terms of complex real estate transactions, debt instruments, and partnership agreements.
- Direct the accounting activities of a complex Agency to ensure that financial transactions of the Agency are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Direct, plan and coordinate all required audits, tax returns and reviews, governmental reviews (e.g., TCAC, HUD, etc.…) and other third-party evaluations of the Agency in a timely manner.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer with Board relations and preparation of Board and Committee agenda and reports. Make verbal reports and presentations to the Board of Commissioners and other bodies.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Commissioners’ Financial and Operations Subcommittee.
- Principles and practices of public housing administration. Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations; and the local housing market.
- Principles and practices of supervision of personnel, performance evaluation, and employee training.
- Must be able to organize and manage all departments involved requiring financial information.
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Agency. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma and;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in fiscal operations and supervision, five (5) of which must be in public agency housing program.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary Range: Bi-weekly $3,370.68 – $4,209.52. The Agency offers an excellent benefits package, which is located at www.koffassociates.com/jobs on the job announcement page for this position.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit https://koffassociates.com/koff2020//jobs. You may also download the application, and mail your cover letter, resume and application to Koff & Associates, 2835 Seventh Street, Berkeley, CA 94710.
Deadline to apply is Thursday, January 10th.