The Ideal Candidate
This is an excellent mid-management opportunity for a hands-on Finance Manager with a breadth of financial services experience and skills. Together with the position qualifications, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a broad knowledge base in the areas of local government accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, grant management, utility billing, and business licensing.
- Have knowledge and experience with ERP systems and implementation, to include related technologies.
- Have strong skills in analytical and financial modeling and presentations.
- Understand the role of the Finance Department in supporting the work of all other departments in the City.
- Possess strong managerial skills and to include prior experience supervising professional, technical, and support team members.
- Have a strong aptitude for clear, concise, and direct communication, as well as the ability to succinctly summarize complex financial information in an easy to understand manner.
- Have a leadership style that is characterized by integrity, ethical decision making, responsibility, collaboration, effective problem solving, and customer service.
- Represent the Finance Department well and make effective presentations in public situations including City Council meetings and other community meetings in the absence of the Finance Director or as assigned.
- Be a skilled and organized manager who will promote an atmosphere of teamwork and professional development.
- Have the ability to prepare accurate, concise, and comprehensive fiscal analysis and reports.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude setting an example for others within the department and throughout the organization.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and work style that includes a balance of humor and humility.
Please check the Job Brochure for more detailed information!