The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an innovative, flexible, and collaborative leader. As a problem solver with excellent communication, the successful candidate will have the necessary interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships with staff, department heads, leadership, and elected officials. The successful candidate will be solutions-oriented, have strong political acumen, and have the ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities. A background in public sector budget development, policy administration, staff management, and team building are key. Experience in a union environment and knowledge of negotiations is a must.
Key Attributes and Characteristics
- Excellent leadership skills with a calm demeanor; a leader that reassures staff while inspiring confidence.
- Detail-oriented and accurate with the ability to articulate concepts and ideas clearly and directly.
- Politically astute. Understand political implications while remaining apolitical.
- Understand the importance of acting as a mentor. Be adaptable and creative and look at situations from all perspectives to assess and improve efficiencies and implement best practices.
- The ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and communicate effectively with different personality types. A collaborator and consensus builder.