The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader who views the department as part of the City’s team, will be responsive and sensitive to the community, transparent, and is media-savvy following modern policing and technology trends. An effective and diverse staff supports this position; the successful candidate will continue to encourage development within the team and embrace diversity within the department and community. The ideal candidate will have a management background in a large law enforcement agency, with experience in establishing and maintaining a fluctuating budget as grant approvals increase.
Key Attributes and Characteristics
- Excellent leadership skills with an even-keeled demeanor and the ability to establish rapport within the department.
- A leader who can continue a community-focused environment while ensuring the inclusiveness of a diverse population within the department and community.
- Detail-oriented and accurate with the ability to articulate concepts and ideas clearly and directly.
- Politically astute and understands political implications while remaining apolitical.
- The ability to collaborate and build consensus with a wide variety of cultures, and mutual aid agencies, along with the department’s union.
- Excellent communication skills; humble, professional, honest, and possessed high integrity.