The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is an emotionally intelligent, strategic thinker that is relatable and can read a room. The next assistant city engineer will be a team player, humble leader, collaborative and creative with the ability to come up with innovative solutions with their team. The ideal candidate will know how to “get to yes” and understands the importance of high-level customer service both internally and externally.
Key characteristics and attributes:
- A supportive leader who creates a cohesive structure and team-oriented working environment.
- An inclusive and positive management style that ensures accountability, responsibility, and encourages discussion and ideas from staff and key stakeholders.
- Good organizational skills with a transparent style of leadership; outward facing who is able successfully interact and resolve internal issues, as well as resolve difficult citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Flexible and resilient. Able to provide clear goals and expectations, while remaining agile and can adapt to changing priorities.
- Stays current in new technologies and legislation.
- Effective at community engagement and follow through. A listener.
Please check the Job Brochure for more detailed information!