About the Opportunity
The City of San José is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial-minded self-starter who can thrive in a collaborative, problem solving environment while working with limited direction and guidance.
This position requires the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, and requires cross functional expertise in procurement, contracting and information technology. This position will initially function as an individual contributor and report directly to the City’s Chief Procurement Officer, a Deputy Director in the Finance Department.
About the Position
The specific duties of the IT Purchasing Manager include the following:
- Lead all major Information Technology (IT) procurements.
- Plan and direct procurement and contracting services for all City departments.
- Work closely with the IT Department and City Departments on purchasing, contracting and ongoing vendor management for all enterprise systems, including Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), payroll, online permitting, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, mobile data computer for the Police Department, and all network upgrades.
- Analyze, negotiate, and maintain the City’s IT software licensing agreements.
- Facilitate and manage complex procurement activities.
- Assist internal customers with IT specification development; evaluate specifications.
- Oversee preparation and issuance of RFPs, Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
- Write procedures manuals for procurement staff.
- Formulate and review responses to bidder protests.
- Negotiate, prepare and write complex contracts; negotiate and review contract amendments and change orders.
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance to departments related to procurement activities and facilitate complex negotiations with vendors.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in business administration, public administration, management information systems, computer science, or a related field.
- Five years of professional experience related to the purchase of indirect goods and services, and IT hardware and software; working with complex procurements and/or responsibility for complex programs or projects.
The salary range is $103,875 to $127,150 annually.
Important Application Information
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit the Koff & Associates website at www.koffassociates.com to view the job posting and brochure. Please mail or email your cover letter and resume by May 29, 2015 to:
Koff & Associates
2835 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
Following the closing May 29, 2015, applicant materials will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this brochure. The most qualified candidates will be invited to screening interviews with Koff & Associates. The City of San José will make the final decision regarding a candidate’s eligibility. Successful candidates not currently employed in regular status by the City of San José must pass a pre-employment background check to be considered for employment. Candidates will be advised of the status of the recruitment following selection of the successful candidate.
The City of San José is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.