Under general guidance, plans, organizes, integrates, fiscally controls, directs, administers, reviews and evaluates the activities, operations and services of the District. The incumbent oversees and manages the development and implementation of the Districts strategic direction, long-range water resource plans and water master plans for the design and construction of water supply facilities and necessary infrastructure. The incumbent ensures execution of short-term and long-term goals and objectives consistent with the District’s strategic direction, vision, mission, values and priorities of the Board of Directors. The incumbent ensures operations and functions effectively serve the needs of district customers and local communities while complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Valley County Water District, located approximately 15 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles in the San Gabriel Valley, manages and delivers water and water-related services to customers within its jurisdiction. The District primarily distributes local groundwater to approximately 12,500 service connections for over 70,000 residents over a 10-square mile area which includes portions of the cities of Baldwin Park, Irwindale, West Covina and Azusa.
The District is governed by a five-member publicly elected Board of Directors. The Board sets and maintains the policies, rules and regulations for the District. The Board appoints the General Manager who serves at the will of the Board and administers and carries out the Board established strategic goals and objectives.
Experience & Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited four (4)-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, finance, engineering, utility management, political science or a closely related field –AND- ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in the administration, operation and or financial management of a public water utility, which includes at least five (5) years of experience in a lead, supervisory, management or executive capacity.
Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California preferred.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range depends on qualifications and experience.
The Valley County Water District offers a generous benefits package:
- Retirement: California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) formula, either Classic member 2.7% at age 55 or New Member 2% at age 62, depending on individual eligibility.
- District employees participate in Social Security.
- Deferred Compensation: Optional 457(b) plans. Maximum contributions are defined by law.
- Medical Plans: The District contributes 100% of the cost of insurance for employees and dependents for regular full-time employees. Coverage begins on the first of the month following receipt of enrollment forms.
- Dental Plan: The District provides employees with fully-paid dental benefits through Delta Dental Plan of California. Employees are eligible sixty days from the first of the month following the hire date. A second dental option is available for employees and family. More information is available.
- Life Insurance: The District provides employees with fully-paid Life Insurance of $50,000 on the first of the month following hire date.
- Employee Assistance Program: Provides confidential and professional assistance to each employee and eligible dependents.
- Sick Leave: Employees earn 3.69 hours for every 2-week period. Accruals are cumulative and unlimited and may be used 90 days after hire.
- Vacation: Employees are given 10 vacation days per year after one full year of service, 15 days after five years and a maximum of 25 days after twenty-four years of service.
- Holidays: Ten regular holidays and two discretionary holidays annually.
- Personal Leave: An employee may take up to 24 hours per fiscal year of accrued sick leave to attend to personal business.
- Tuition reimbursement: Regular-full-time employees with a minimum of 6 months of service may receive reimbursement for eligible education expenses of up to 85% of tuition plus eligible fees to a maximum of $3,000/fiscal year.
Important Application Information
To apply for this opportunity, please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.com. You can also mail the completed application materials to this address:
Koff & Associates
2835 Seventh Street
Berkeley, CA 94710.
The deadline to apply is June 6, 2016.
The Valley County Water District is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.