The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, collaborative, and innovative leader, who is organized and able to prioritize and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build strong business relationships with other local jurisdictions, contractors, vendors, and business partners. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an industry professional to help shape the transportation landscape of San Mateo County with innovative and forward-thinking projects. The ideal candidate will have a record of accomplishment in the successful implementation of transportation project deliverables, project management, and funding experience.
The Executive Officer, Transportation Authority reports to the Chief Officer, Planning, Grants & Transportation Authority and is responsible for activities related to the administration of sales tax revenue received by the San Mateo County Transportation Authority (TA) and program delivery. The Executive Officer, TA will also provide oversight and support for the operation of the US101 Express Lanes through the San Mateo County Express Lanes Joint Powers Authority.
- Be responsible for the programming and allocation of TA funds for programs and projects consistent with and in compliance with the voter-approved TA Expenditure Plan.
- Act as the liaison with internal and external stakeholders for the collection, programming, and distribution of TA funds.
- Be responsible for the evaluation, development, and implementation of all TA capital projects and transportation programs.
- Provide program management oversight of projects funded by TA funding and delivered by non-TA grantees.
- Be responsible for the development and administration of the TA’s annual budget.
- Provide oversight for the pursuit of additional funding sources to leverage TA funding.
- Provide oversight and support of the operation of the US101 Express Lanes through the San Mateo County Express Lanes Joint Powers Authority.
- Supervise staff. Hire, mentor and take appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary action. Ensure EEO policies and procedures are followed. Participate in selection and coordination of staff.
Please check the Job Brochure for more detailed information!