Solano County is a special place, with its inviting mix of rural and suburban lifestyles and easy access to all of the urban amenities. Situated midway between San Francisco and Sacramento, Solano County is home to rolling hillsides, waterfronts and fertile farmland. County residents can enjoy day trips to the San Francisco Bay area, Lake Tahoe region, and the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Solano County is a growing community that reaps the benefits of its ideal location for those who live and work here. The blend of agriculture, corporate business and pleasant lifestyle enhances the attraction of Solano County.
The County of Solano’s Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is nationally recognized for its programs and known across the state as a leader in partnering with both community and public service leaders. The County provides a variety of services aimed at improving the lives of children, adults, families and the elderly. Through countywide planning and coordination, the DHSS’s role in health care includes providing clinical services and health care assistance, alcohol, drug and mental health services, dental services, social programs, and protecting the community from public health threats. While focusing on the Board of Supervisors’ priorities, the DHSS operates its programs and services as efficiently and effectively as possible, using technology, innovation and creativity to increase productivity and enhance the quality of services provided to its citizens.
Under general supervision, the Compliance and Quality Assurance Analyst reviews, monitors and evaluates program areas within the DHSS with a goal of regulatory compliance and continuous quality improvement. The County is seeking to fill one position at either the Entry or Journey level depending on candidate’s qualifications.
Annual Salary (Journey level): $76,643 – $93,160 (plus competitive benefits)
Annual Salary (Entry level): $67,903 – $82,536 (plus competitive benefits)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts compliance reviews in accordance with state issued guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of various service programs; develops and recommends new/revised procedures and/or corrective action plans to resolve service and system issues, to improve customer care systems and to optimize the utilization of resources.
- Provides technical assistance and support to supervisors and staff; participates in staff meetings to discuss, provides information, and elicits support regarding improving regulatory compliance and quality of service; and conducts training and/or other communication programs regarding new or revisions to procedures and operational guidelines resulting from compliance and quality management reviews.
- Makes contact with employees in other departments within the county and with employees in other counties and in state and Federal agencies regarding compliance review and quality management activities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Work collaboratively with staff in the divisions to solve compliance problems, come up with solutions, and develop ways to help divisions come into compliance.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff within the DHSS to support creative problem solving, strategic thinking, and positive solutions.
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration, Public Administration, Social Work, or a closely related field.
- Two years of full-time paid experience in a public or non-profit social services or public health agency performing work in one or more of the following areas: regulatory compliance, quality assurance, legal analysis, health law and/or administration, health or social services information management, and/or regulatory investigations of health care.
- Entry level: One year of full-time experience described above. Or, one year as a Staff Analyst in the Department of Health and Social Services, Solano County.
- Applicants are required to possess a valid California Driver’s License, Class C.
- Employees are required to obtain a Healthcare Compliance Certificate from the Health Care Compliance Certification Board within one year of appointment.
These positions are at-will, exempt and serve at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below by September 18, 2015.
Koff & Associates
2835 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
Resume and cover letters will be reviewed and candidates considered best qualified will move forward in the examination process. Candidates’ background and qualifications will be further evaluated by a competitive examination process that may include a phone screen and oral interview. The Agency is the final decision maker in hiring a successful candidate.
The County of Solano is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
Retirement Program: The Agency contracts with CalPERS for retirement benefits.
Social Security: The County participates in Social Security.
Health Insurance: CalPERS medical for employee and dependents (based on the Kaiser family rate).
Dental & Vision Insurance: Fully paid by the County.
Vacation: 10 days per year.
Sick Leave: Accrued at 3.7 hours per pay period (12 days per year).
Holidays: 12 per year.
The job description and a complete summary of benefits is available on the County’s website at: