Salary: $140,000 – $160,000 Annually
Final Filing Date: December 19, 2014
The Half Moon Bay Area:
Coastside County Water District is located in the City of Half Moon Bay. Residents of this charming community live a lifestyle that many think no longer exists in California. Neighbors care about each other, schools are important, and there is a sense of real community.
The community also offers a wide variety of public and private attractions. Half Moon Bay rests on the Pacific Coast between forested hills and some of the most beautiful coastlines that California has to offer. It is located approximately 28 miles south of San Francisco and lies within the westernmost portion of San Mateo County.
The historic downtown is home to numerous shops, art galleries, restaurants, bed and breakfasts, and other businesses. Local beaches and parks can be accessed by pedestrians, bikes and equestrians. Golf can be enjoyed at two of California’s finest courses. The City and coastside are home to numerous nurseries and farms. The Pumpkin Festival held in October draws hundreds of thousands of people to the coast to enjoy its panoramic vistas, fine cuisine, arts, crafts and genuine hospitality.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) serves the City of Half Moon Bay and a part of the unincorporated area of San Mateo County including Miramar, Princeton By The Sea and El Granada. The District’s service territory encompasses approximately 14 square miles and serves nearly 17,000 people. Predominant land use is residential surrounded by agricultural and light ranching activities.
The CCWD’s mission is to develop and provide its customers with high quality water and service at the lowest possible price, in accordance with the following values:
- Reliability and sustainability of system facilities;
- Timeliness of District policies, procedures, actions and decisions;
- 50-year outlook when replacing infrastructure;
- Legality of all District actions and behaviors; and
- Culture of openness, fairness and inclusiveness
CCWD is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual who works collaboratively to plan and direct all District financial and administrative functions. The District is targeting a proactive self-starter, as the new AGM will be expected to work under minimal direction and serve as the principal financial officer of the District. Solid experience in water operations and/or engineering will set the top applicants apart. In addition to finance and budgeting, the ability to manage people and programs and lead CIP projects is key. A career-minded individual seeking professional growth within the water industry is an ideal candidate.
A typical qualification path for this position may be:
- Equivalent to graduation from a four (4) year college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business, or a closely related field.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional level experience in financial analysis, fund accounting, budgeting, treasury and investment management, auditing, and information management systems, with at least seven (7) of those years in a senior supervisory capacity.
- A Master’s Degree in finance and/or a Certified Public Accountant designation is desirable.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Important Application Information:
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit the Koff & Associates website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application and to view the job posting and brochure. Please mail or email the application, cover letter, and resume by December 19, 2014 to:
Koff & Associates
Attention: Kathy Crotty
6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5
Emeryville, CA 94608
Following the closing date, application materials will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this brochure. The most qualified candidates will be invited to personal interviews with Koff & Associates. Coastside County Water District will make the final decision regarding a candidate’s eligibility, however, applicants meeting the minimum requirements will not be guaranteed advancement in the process. Applicants considered for appointment will be required to undergo a thorough background investigation. Candidates will be advised of the status of the recruitment following selection of the Assistant General Manager.