Under general direction from the Administrative Services Manager (ASM), provides varied confidential secretarial and office administrative support for the Administrative Services Manager, General Manager, management team, and Agency staff; prepares agenda packets, minutes, and other materials for the Agency Board of Commissioners; administers assigned personnel and employee benefits functions, and various accounting clerk activities; and performs related work as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires the ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and complex human resource issues. The Administrative Specialist will perform an array of essential administrative functions. The duties of the job include, but are not limited to:
• Read analyze, interpret materials/regulations related to the work, write reports, and present information.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence, procedures, proposals, memos, newsletters, forms, and other written materials from drafts, prior information, or brief notes; proofreads memos, reports, and correspondence for other for standard templates and grammar.
• Updates the Agency’s website and Facebook pages monthly and as needed.
• Assists finance staff with employee insurance and other benefit programs; enrolls employees, explains benefits and follows-up on problems; coordinates trainings and tailgates on HR-related topics.
• Coordinates Agency staff recruitments with the hiring manager and/or the HR Consultant, including advertising, communicating with applicants, background checks, and schedule pre-employment testing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and/or experience as a Board Secretary in accordance with the Brown Act.
• Will work with others in a professional manner and work independently.
• Maintain punctual attendance.
• Uphold integrity and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and complex HR issues.
• Mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
• Reasoning ability to solve practical problems.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The monthly salary range is $7,888 to $10,068 depending on qualifications and experience. Specific job descriptions for these positions are available at www.cmsa.us/employment/descriptions.
Employee benefits can be found on CMSA’s website at www.cmsa.us/ employment/benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, and signed application by email to email@example.com. Please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an CMSA application. As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials to Koff & Associates, 2835 7th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Koff & Associates at (510) 658-5633.
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 12, 2021.