Mt. View Sanitary District
Administrative Services Manager
Link to Brochure:
The Mt. View Sanitary District (MVSD) provides wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal services for a portion of the City of Martinez and adjacent unincorporated lands to the northeast. As of 2012, the population size was approximately 21,000, with projections to reach 22,087 by 2030 with an average annual growth rate of .9 percent. The customer base is currently an estimated 10,500 dwelling units and 270 commercial businesses; approximately 97 percent residential by parcel and 76 percent by flow.
District staff maintains a strong working relationship with the Board of Directors and the surrounding community. MVSD totals 16 full-time staff members. The culture is friendly and collaborative. The team takes pride in its community relationship, often using a “we can work it out together” philosophy.
Under general direction from the Assistant District Manager, the ASM plans, organizes, and provides direction and oversight, and performs work to support all District financial and administrative activities. Responsibilities include human resources administration, management of clerical administrative staff, and leadership of the District finances and annual budgeting processes. The ASM will guide the implementation of established budgets and advise the General Manager on all financial matters of the District. Such oversight includes accounting and financial transactions, preparation of monthly financial reports, reconciliation of accounts, and functional supervision of accounting. Responsibilities also include confidential, complex, and technical support to the District Manager; responsibility for a variety of programs, projects, and special assignments; assistance to District management staff in areas of expertise; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Functions as the District Financial Officer; manages the District’s accounting function, including finance, human resources, public records, support services, and special projects.
- Develops and manages an administrative services work plan to provide continual improvement of processes, automation, document management, methods of improved customer service and other administrative aspects of the District’s strategic vision to promote efficiencies and effective operations.
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of office systems, including purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of the District calendar and coordinates the schedule of the General Manager with those of the Board of Directors, other District managerial staff,
- representatives of other organizations and the public.
- Supervises administrative staff and Board Secretary in providing a variety of support to the District Board and committees.
- Administers District benefit plans; directs the orientation and enrollment of employees; acts as liaison with benefit providers; reviews and coordinates payment of employee insurance premiums.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business, public administration or closely related field and three years of increasing responsibility in fund accounting with agency experience desirable, office administration experience including one year of supervisory experience. Experience in dealing with the public and working in a public agency setting is highly desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California driver’s license. Must continue to meet all of the provisions of the District to be insured with the terms and conditions of the District’s insurance program as condition of employment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary Range: $9,360 – $11,706. The District offers an excellent benefits package, which is located at www.koffassociates.com/jobs on the job announcement page for this position.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit https://koffassociates.com/koff2020//jobs. You may also download the application, and mail your cover letter, resume and application to Koff & Associates, 2835 Seventh Street, Berkeley, CA 94710.
Deadline to apply is November 26, 2018.