City of Sacramento
Director of Human Resources
Link to Brochure: https://koffassociates.com/koff2020//wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Sac-HR-Director-Brochure.pdf
The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with a proven approach to getting business done who inspires staff to achieve excellence in their field.
This person is a well-rounded practitioner with experience and knowledge in public sector
human resources management, with a deep-rooted understanding of public service and
the challenges facing public sector employers.
The ideal candidate must possess a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and will
lead the charge of efforts in support of these City initiatives. The candidate must adhere to the
highest ethical and moral standards and demonstrate transparency.
The candidate exercises creative and strategic thinking in approaching situations with a positive,
solution-oriented attitude. This person is a team player who is comfortable working with staff
at all levels and should be able to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize, delegate, and
manage tasks. Effective written and oral communication skills along with strong collaboration,
negotiation, and team-building skills are necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
- SALARY RANGE – $135,929 to $203,893 / annually
- CalPERS RETIREMENT – 2% @ 55 plan for qualified “classic” employees as defined by CalPERS: new members to PERS participate in a formula of 2% @ 62
- MONEY PURCHASE PLAN – 401(a) money purchase plan
- 457 DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- HOLIDAYS – 13 paid holidays annually plus ????oating holiday time (16 hours annually)
- SICK LEAVE – 12 days annually
- VACATION LEAVE – Minimum of 10 days per year, based on years of service
- MANAGEMENT LEAVE – 80 hours annually
- HEALTH INSURANCE – Monthly City contribution towards health insurance
- LIFE INSURANCE – $50,000 basic life insurance.
- AUTO ALLOWANCE – $250 per month
- TECHNOLOGY ALLOWANCE – $100 per month
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION – Covered by City’s self-insured program
- SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE – City and employee contribution
Important Application Information:
Please visit koffassociates.com/jobs to apply.
Visit cityofsacramento.org/hr/employment for the full job listing, or call 916-808-5726 for more info.
*Applications are due by January 31, 2018*