Richard has nine (9) years of experience recruiting in a wide variety of sectors and disciplines, including technical, engineering, human resources, labor and employee relations, water/wastewater, landscape architecture, building regulation, urban planning, and financial. His experience encompasses entities of all sizes, from smaller special districts to the largest cities in California.
Richard graduated with a double major from the University of California, Santa Cruz, earning a B.S. degree in both economics and accounting.
Since joining K&A, Richard has successfully completed placements for many public-sector clients. Richard’s specialty is sourcing for hard to fill and executive-level positions.
Here are some of Richard’s successful recruitments:
- Arcata: Building Official
- Modesto: Community Development Manager
- Sacramento: Director of Finance; Diversity Manager; Director of Human Resources
- San José: Deputy Director of Police-[Gaming Division]; Senior Landscape Architect; Planning, Building and Code Enforcement Director
- Central Marin Sanitation Agency: Technical Services Manager; Electrical and Instrumentation Technician; Environmental Services Analyst
- Coastside County Water District: Superintendent of Operations
- Dublin San Ramon Services District: Water Operations Maintenance Supervisor
- Mt. View Sanitary District: Maintenance Scheduler/Planner; Wastewater Operations Supervisor; District Engineer
- Oakland Housing Authority: Information Technology Director
- Port of Oakland: Human Resources Manager; Director of Information Technology
- Ross Valley Sanitary District: General Manager
- Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura: Chief Financial Officer; General Counsel
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority: Manager of Procurement
- Vallejo Flood & Wastewater District: Human Resources Director