Koff & Associates is a premier public sector Human Resources Services firm specializing in designing classification and compensation systems, organizational development, and other custom services for the management of human resources.
We offer the ability to do meaningful work and make a positive impact public sector agencies and local communities.
We are a learning organization that is dedicated to creating opportunity for professional growth, development, and career advancement.
We have a progressive culture that promotes work-life balance by supporting flexible work hours and locations – including remote work.
We are growing! Come join our team!
Positions will be filled at the Associate/Senior Associate level depending on applicant qualifications.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of human resources administration, including classification and compensation; be comfortable prioritizing and managing time and heavy workloads; be able to quickly learn new industries and the Koff & Associates methodology; and will be committed to teamwork, providing top-notch products, and delivering exceptional client service – maintaining our culture and our brand is a shared responsibility.
Requirements associated with each level are listed below. If this sounds like the job for you, apply today! Please indicate which level you are applying for.
Responsibilities by level
- Interviews and surveys employees, management, and other stakeholders and conducts desk audits (as needed) to collect position and organizational information.
- Conducts job analyses to determine appropriate classification and FLSA exemption status.
- Writes and updates classification descriptions based upon desk audits, position analysis questionnaires, and market information.
- Evaluates similarities and differences between classifications and makes recommendations on comparability.
- Collects salary and benefits information; develops compensation recommendations based on market data and application of equity principles and best practices.
- Writes reports clearly and persuasively supporting classification and/or compensation recommendations.
- Ensures project milestone achievement within promised timelines and established project budgets.
- Learns to master technical competency in classification and compensation practices.
Senior Associate – mastery of the Associate responsibilities, and:
- Contributes to process and organizational improvement.
- Delivers high-quality work products to project managers.
- Project execution.
- Leads small project teams and provides training to less experienced team members.
- Fields client inquiries and delivers on client needs and requests.
- Potential to become an SME in a certain industry or type of client.
- Forward Thinking: Anticipate implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Written and Oral Communication: Express oneself clearly in interactions with others and in business writing.
- Fostering Teamwork: Work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Thoroughness: Ensure that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Technical Expertise: Principles, practices, and techniques of human resources administration, including classification and compensation.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrate concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identify the information needed to clarify a situation.
- Analytical Thinking: Tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Managing Performance: Take responsibility for one’s own performance.
- At least 2 years of professional analytical experience in classification and compensation. Possession of a CCP and experience in a consulting role is preferred;
- BS/BA degree in human resources, business or public administration, finance, accounting, or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred;
- Walk-on-water written and oral communication and computer skills; and
- A customer-service orientation and “can-do” attitude.